Merger and Acquisition Support
Enhancing Decision Making in Mergers and Acquisitions
Strong pre-planning and assembly of the proper environmental disclosures can qualify representations, evaluate long-term liability costs, and expedite most mergers and acquisitions. In these transactions, time is of the essence, as setbacks can be detrimental.
We assist our clients in defining the contingent and material environmental risks and liabilities, both short and long-term, associated with a proposed transaction. Our experts help our clients understand the culture of the target entity, the governance practices employed, and any emerging regulatory issues to aid in understanding the probability, certainty, and material liability of the assets in question.
Early recognition of a transaction’s potential liabilities and assets aids negotiating teams in reaching early consensus— and closing the deal to everyone’s satisfaction.
Sage ATC’s teams of multi-disciplinary professionals have performed hundreds of merger and acquisition due diligence activities from Phase I, II, and III environmental site assessments to higher level Strategic Due Diligence utilizing Security Exchange Commission liability rules to access the true nature of the monetary impact of acquiring specific assets/entities. Our experience includes transactions throughout the United States as well as over a dozen other countries.
We employ the latest technologies and screening methodologies to ensure that our clients build on a strong foundation.
Full Lifecycle Support:
We are there for our clients each step of the way – from preliminary decision making and site testing to negotiations and post-acquisition transition services.
Sage’s offerings include:
DUE DILIGENCE SUPPORT
- Preliminary Remote Sensing (Strategic and Non-Invasive)
- Data Room and Public Document Review
- Data Room Development
- Business Acquisition Strategy Development
- Environmental Liability Reduction Strategy and Mapping
- Sarbanes-Oxley Environmental Liability Identification, Assessment, and Planning
- Due Diligence Site Investigations and Reporting
- Development of Liability Spend Time Distribution
- Develop or Evaluate Liability-Share Strategies
- ASTM E1527 Phase I and Phase II Site Assessments and Reports
- Risk Reviews and Management Assessments
- Negotiation and Advisement of Environmental Agreements
- HSE Functional Assessment and Transition Assistance
- Business Divestiture Strategy Development
- Development of Seller’s Disclosure and Offering Memorandum
- Risk Review and Management Assessment
- Establishment of Structured Data Room
- Development of Preliminary Liability Cost Estimates
- Negotiation of Environmental Agreement (Reps/Warranties/Indemnities, Schedules)