Navigating the Intricacies of New Flare Regulations
Flares are essential to many industrial operations because they safely combust the release of undesirable or excess combustible gases. In recent years, flares top the EPA’s priority list—including a National Enforcement Initiative, Consent Decrees, NSPS Subpart Ja, and recent amendments to the Refinery Sector Rule.
Through our unmatched insights on the fundamentals of flares, the intricacies of various flare monitoring techniques and new flaring regulations, we help facilities comply with regulations, implement Consent Decree provisions, and optimize flare system performance.
Each flare system is unique and requires individual consideration. Sage ATC’s methodical approach, built from hands-on work in the field, produces flare results that are practical and implementable.
Our team of experts have real-world experience and innovative tools to keep our clients’ flaring in check.
From drafting more than 50 NSPS Ja flare management plans to implementing Consent Decrees at numerous facilities across the country, Sage ATC has unmatched flare support experience.
The breadth of our experience has granted Sage ATC unique insights and knowledge of the challenges associated with flare regulations and monitoring techniques.
Full Lifecycle Support:
From selecting instrumentation and developing control techniques to preparing flare management plans and CPMS monitoring plans, Sage ATC can provide support every step of the way.
Sage’s offerings include:
FLARE MONITORING PROGRAM ASSESSMENT
- Monitoring Key Parameters
- Monitoring Plan Assessment
FLARE HEADER MAPPING
- Identification of Potential Sources of Contribution
- Contributions Analysis
- Flare Mapping
- Flare Documentation, Minimization, and Analysis Tool (DMAT)
- Data Analysis
- Flare Gas Recovery (FGR) System Assessment
- Operational Procedures
- Administrative Programs
- Flow Baseline Determination
FLARE MANAGEMENT PLAN
- Minimization Assessment of Contributions
- Monitoring Instrumentation
- Flare System Parameters and Specifications
- Evaluation of Baseline Flow
- Assessment of Fuel Gas System Balancing
- Minimization of FGR System Outages
- Development of Root Cause Analysis Procedures
- Corrective Actions