Groundwater / Soil / Waste / Remediation
With over 50 years of combined groundwater, soil, and waste regulatory investigation and remediation experience in 37 states and 12 countries, Sage’s innovative team of experts help you strategize—and prioritize—according to your corporate and regulatory requirements. Using our deep strategic compliance planning, regulatory negotiation, due diligence, and expert testimony experience, we help you pre-plan allocations, spend money only where and when needed, and meet deadlines.
No groundwater, soil, waste or remediation issue is too simple or too complex. From subsurface investigation, evaluation, permitting, and negotiation, to strategic planning of regulatory compliant and financially sound pathways, Sage’s Soil/Water/Groundwater team will keep our promise: Friendly Service, No Surprises!®
Soil and Groundwater Investigations
- Texas Risk Reduction Program
- Risk-Based Closure
- Voluntary Cleanup Program
- Innocent Land-owner Applications
- Landfill Monitoring and Maintenance
- Groundwater Quality Assessment Plans (GQAP)
- Sample and Analysis Plans (SAP)
- Oil and Gas
- SPCC plans
- Due Diligence
- Baseline water sampling
- Equipment Inventories
- NORM surveys
- Environmental Liability Projections
- Primary and Third Party Evaluations and Planning
- Regulatory Negotiation
Today, there is sufficient proof mounting to support diffusion sampling as a viable alternative to purge and sample. In fact, the method was written into the first hazardous waste permit approximately a year ago. Click here to read a recent article published in the January 2013 issue of Pollution Engineering by Sage’s own Robert Sherrill, “Viable Alternative to Purge and Sample.”
We've met the challenges of the most complex programs and understand how to mitigate risk and facilitate sustainable compliance.
- Public Water Systems
- Monitoring plans
- Training Seminars
- Permit Negotiation
- Regulatory Compliance and Financial Liability Strategic Planning
STATE GUIDANCE PROGRAMS
Sage has experience in a wide range of projects using both CERCLA and RCRA rules, as well as State risk-reduction rules and other State guidance programs. We conduct,
- Buyer and seller Phase I environmental site assessments and Phase II assessments, including full-scale environmental, process, economic, and liability limitation evaluations;
- Program development;
- Sampling of groundwater, soils, and wastes
- Surface and subsurface soil, and groundwater;
- Soil and groundwater remediation
- Aquifer characterization.
SITE INVESTIGATION REPORTS
We have extensive experience in the preparation and defense of site investigation reports,
- Phase I and Phase II reports
- Monitoring reports
- Affected property assessment reports (APARs)
- Response action work plans (RAPs)
- Response action completion reports (RACRs)
- Other liability and impact reporting requirements
Top 5 Common Mistakes…
Partnering with the right consultant helps you make sure that all your bases are covered and that the following common pit falls don’t happen to you;
- Overspending on groundwater remediation due to poor long term planning
- Improper reporting for occurrences- spills, leaks, unit closures, and multi-media impact
- Missing regulatory deadlines on permits, investigation and remediation, which can lead the facility to incur a fine, and weaken a facilities position with regulatory agencies
- Breaching of other units and disrupting unit component foundation by not following through with consequences of remediation implementation.
- Sampling for the wrong constituents during an investigation.
Sage Serves You
Let us help you - contact us today!
"Sage Environmental Consulting is responsible for groundwater remediation and reporting at Alon USA’s Big Spring Refinery. This includes remediation and reporting for several monitoring wells, recovery wells, re-injection wells, and closure/post-closure status on Solid Waste Management Units. Included in this remediation and reporting is the Wichita Falls terminal. This work also requires coordination and timing with drillers and testing laboratories. This group works with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to ensure reports are completed in a timely and thorough manner. Other projects include a water project for a subdivision, and miscellaneous cleanup sites. This department has always been willing to take extra work requests and give guidance for any questions Alon employees may have."
Alon USA, L.P.
Big Spring Refinery
"Sage Environmental Consulting has consistently provided exceptional scientists, support personnel, and project management to identify, plan, and implement large scale soil and groundwater investigations under the stringent timelines often present in upstream acquisitions. The breadth of their knowledge and experience is an asset that can be relied upon through all facets of their engagement, from initial due diligence through final negotiations."
Partner, Headington Oil Company