Striving for Continuous Improvement
If you have worked with Sage Environmental Consulting, you've come to expect first-class consulting expertise and unparalleled support on all of your environmental compliance projects. As a full-service safety consultancy, we apply that same level of excellence when assisting our clients on safety-related services and projects.
Through SageSafety, we offer services on both sides of safety— the human side (H&S) and the process side (PSM)—while leveraging Sage's environmental background and deep industry knowledge. SageSafety offers the rare opportunity to integrate all safety elements into a cohesive, efficient whole. By providing comprehensive services, we get to know your facilities as well as our own, achieve a higher level of safety, and create significant cost advantages in the process.
Our commitment to safety starts at home. Sage's safety group presides over all the companies in our family and reinforces safety standards that go beyond current regulations. For Sage, safety is a continuous improvement process - the life cycle of a safety program. Our ongoing focus regarding safety is to:
- Observe and Analyze
- Train and Implement
- Audit and Evaluate
- Improve and Adjust
Here to Serve You: Our Team
Our PSM team members have extensive regulatory knowledge and practical experience. We know what a successful PSM program looks like. In fact, our PSM team assisted with the 2nd edition of the CCPS text —Guidelines for Auditing Process Safety Management Systems. With our diverse industry experience, our PSM leaders ensure that your program has the proper focus.
Jimmy has over 16 years experience working in a petroleum refinery and 12 years with Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental experience. He has strong communication skills--Frequent interaction with plant operators, consultants, customers, senior management, and state and federal agencies. Jimmy is competent in the Environmental and OSHA regulations governing the petroleum refining industry. He was responsible for Health, Safety, Security, PSM, and environmental compliance at the refinery; downstream bulk fuels terminals, and legacy remediation sites. Jimmy has been directly responsible for improving plant security, enhancing the Process Safety Program, and managing permits in Air, Wastewater, RCRA, etc.
Jimmy was promoted to HSE director after a major fire exposition damaged a large portion of the facility. During his tenure over Safety and PSM, he drove change by improving employee participation; improve the facility’s PHA process, MOC program, Mechanical integrity program, and updating the facility safety procedures. Jimmy was also responsible for the closure of over 200 backlogged incident investigation and PHA recommendations.
Jimmy is also experienced in emergency planning, incident response and incident investigation. Jimmy has lead multiple investigations and is certified in TAP Root and DNV investigation methodologies.
PROCESS SAFETY MANAGEMENT
Our PSM services concentrate on protecting people by systematically managing the highly hazardous chemicals in your facility—keeping processes under control and materials in the pipes.
Sage’s PSM philosophy is one of continuous improvement that incorporates other successful industry practices:
- We gain a deep understanding of your facility and scrutinize the integrity of your processes.
- We understand the realities of running a successful PSM program, and know the ins and outs of the OSHA Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals (PSM) Standard (29 CFR 1910.119) and EPA 40 CFR 68 Chemical Accident Prevention Provision/Risk Management Plan (RMP).
- Our PSM quality audits benchmark how your system elements are working against good industry practice, rather than minimum regulatory requirements.
In the end, a well-developed PSM program goes beyond compliance to yield exceptional process safety culture, equipment integrity, and process reliability.
Essential PSM Services
PSM Program Implementation
- Applicability Review and Options Analysis
- PSM Program Development
- Compliance and Management System Audits
- Compliance and Enforcement Support
- Program Training
- National Emphasis Program (NEP) Inspections
- Pre-Startup Safety Review Implementation
- Engineering Standards Update and Implementation
Procedure Development and Implementation
- Facility Needs Assessment
- Review/Revision of Existing Procedures
- Development of New Procedures
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- PHA Facilitation
- PHA Training
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Programs (RMP)
Process Safety Information (PSI)
- Technical Documents and Specifications
- P&ID Reviews/Updates
- Engineering Drawings
MSDS Update and Review
- Management of Change
- Process and Procedure Development
- Review and Evaluation
- Development and Implementation
- Inspection Procedures
- Covered and Critical Process Equipment
- QA/QC Procedures
- Root Cause Identification
- Preventative Measures
Ensuring Feedback Loop Facility Siting
- Siting Evaluations for Explosion, Fire and Toxic Hazards
- Modeling - Blast Zone, Radiant Heat, Emergency Release
Fire Protection Systems
Our H&S team specializes in safety program management, safety program audits, root cause analysis, emergency response planning, and training. With our extensive regulatory knowledge and global compliance experience, our H&S leaders are well-equipped to create a successful and compliant H&S program.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S)
Whether you need to address new or changing regulations, maximize your current program’s efficiency, or identify industry best practices that will take you beyond compliance, our mission is to assist you in protecting your most important assets: your people.
Keeping your people safe is at the core of our SageSafety practice. That’s why our H&S offering focuses on making sure people are performing their job functions in safe ways to achieve an incident-free culture. We drive your H&S program to a new level of excellence by instilling a sustainable passion for safety within your culture. Because incorporating safety into your operations benefits everyone—with smooth startups and shutdowns, enhanced efficiency and quality, and reduced H&S problems.
Essential H&S Services
Safety Program Development
- Behavior-Based Safety
- Recognition Program Development
- Performance Metric Development and Analysis
- Job Safety Analysis Program Development
- Fire Safety and Emergency Response Programs
- Site-Specific Health and Safety Plans
- Safety Identity Development
- Worker’s Compensation Program Assistance
- Written Safety and Health Program Development
- Supervisory Workplace Safety Training
- New Hire Orientation
- On-Site and Web-Based Safety Training
- Customized Training Program Development and Curriculum Design
- Safety Auditor Training
- Industry-Specific Program Audits
- Compliance Audits
- Facilities Fire Safety/Life Safety Audits
- Safety & Health Program Audits
- Risk and Integrity Management Processes
- Compliance Audits
- Regulatory Agency Inspections
- Industrial Hygiene Program Development, Surveys, and Monitoring
- Indoor Air Quality Testing, Assessments, and Ventilation
Safety System Support
- H&S Management System Development
- Procedure Development and Implementation
- Data and Recordkeeping Systems
- Accident/Event Investigation, Reporting, and Prevention
- OSHA and MSHA Compliance and Abatement Strategies, Inspections, Expert Witness Testimony