Sage is always looking for strong, driven engineers who are committed to growing their own careers. Sage is a good fit for people who have an entrepreneurial streak. If you've ever started your own company or have thought seriously about doing so, you would most likely be a better fit than people who aren't particularly interested in living life outside of an organizational chart.
EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE DONE PARTICULARLY WELL AT SAGE SHARE CERTAIN CHARACTERISTICS:
- Fiercely interested in environmental engineering, particularly air quality and regulations.
- Upbeat, hard working, and serious about making things happen.
- Don't wait for someone else to take care of their career growth – they read, learn, and develop relationships on their own.
- Have the strong character and deep ethical principles to earn and keep people's respect in the long run.
- Genuinely like people and want to engage both their customers and coworkers at a deeper level.
- Passionate about something outside work– be it sports, their families, the outdoors, or poetry, they have a deep need to engage and learn.
PEOPLE FOR WHOM SAGE ISN'T A FIT MAY SHARE OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Expect to be spoon-fed what they need to know to do a great job.
- Really not that into their chosen field, just along for the ride.
- Think someone else is in charge of their learning and careers.
- Don't think they should have to understand how the business operates.
- Don't like meeting new people or developing social relationships outside work with coworkers or customers.
- Negative, passive, or generally low-energy.
- Lack the character to take educated risks, make tough choices, do the right thing, have hard conversations, and earn people's respect.